Move Mee is a service operated by Move Mee Limited, an English company, with company registration number 08564942 and whose registered address is 9 Cheam Road, Epsom, England, KT17 1SP ("MML"/"we"/"our"/"us"). Move Mee Limited is registered for VAT in the UK under VAT registration number 338 7936 51.
By registering as a user of Move Mee, via our website or mobile app, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by these terms and conditions of service ("Terms").
We reserve the right to update these Terms at any time. If we amend the Terms we will inform you of any changes, by publishing the amended version on our Website and the Move Mee App and such amended version of the Terms will thereafter govern the relationship between us and all Members. Your continued use of Move Mee after such changes have been made shall treated as your agreement to be bound by the amended Terms.
- For the purpose of these Terms, the following words shall have the meanings set out alongside them:
- "Additional Driver": means a named additional driver of a Rental Vehicle, as identified in the relevant Confirmed Booking.
- "Confirmed Booking": means a contract for the hire of a car or van from a Rental Company that has been confirmed or otherwise accepted by the relevant Rental Company and for which payment has been made.
- "Member": an individual who registers to use Move Mee.
- "Move Mee App": the software application that Members (or potential Members) can download onto mobile telephones to use Move Mee (in the form that application may take from time to time) to obtain keyless access to a Rental Vehicle.
- "Rental": the hire of any Rental Vehicle.
- "Rental Company": a third party vehicle hire company that has agreed with us to permit and enable the use of the Move Mee App to access rental vehicles from them.
- "Rental Vehicle": a hired car or van (together with any documents, tools, fittings, components, standard equipment (including jack, spare tyre, etc) and additional equipment (including child car seats) for which a Member has a Confirmed Booking made via Move Mee.
- "Website": the Move Mee website, the current address for which is [ ], or any replacement for such website.
ABOUT MOVE MEE
- Move Mee is a service which enables Members to:
- browse and search for car and van rentals, from Rental Companies;
- authorise us to provide the data of the Member (and where applicable also of any Additional Driver) described in clause 6 below to Rental Companies for the purposes of facilitating the making of a booking with the relevant Rental Company and to enable the use of the Move Mee App in respect of the relevant Confirmed Booking;
- authorise us to take payment from the Member for a booking on behalf of the relevant Rental Company; and
- advance check in and use the Move Mee App to pick up, obtain keyless access to and return a Rental Vehicle without the need collect the relevant vehicle key(s) or having to visit the relevant reception or collection desk of the Rental Company (or its applicable local representative) at the relevant pick-up or drop-off location.
- Details of which Rental Companies have signed up to enable Move Mee to be used for their rentals and the locations from which those rentals can be collected and returned to]are published here. The Rental Companies and locations may change from to time. Where we can reasonably provide advance notice of any such change we will do so, but some changes may occur without any notice.
- We act as a broker to facilitate the hiring of vehicles by Members from Rental Companies. Move Mee provides a way to organise bookings and to make payments, via Move Mee, in respect of Rentals. Any contract for a Rental is entered into between the relevant Member and the relevant Rental Company and is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of hire of the relevant Rental Company. Members should ensure that they read and understand such terms before making bookings. We do not provide car or van rental services and are not a party to the contract for any Rental.
- Although we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on or available through the Website and/or the Move Mee App, neither we nor our affiliates, suppliers or agents can be held responsible by you for the accuracy of such information where that information has been provided to us by third parties (such as Rental Companies). It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided on or available through the Website and/or the Move Mee App.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Move Mee App is available 24/7 all year round but, provided that we do so, shall not be liable if the Move Mee App is not available for any reason.
- We may change the features of Move Mee from time to time. Details of any such changes will be notified on the Website and the Move Mee App at the relevant time.
- Members should direct any questions, complaints or comments regarding Move Mee to [email protected]. Questions, complaints or comments about a particular Rental should be referred to the relevant Rental Company. We will forward details of complaints we receive about a Rental to the applicable Rental Company.
- Rentals booked through Move Mee require payment for that rental (including any optional extras, such as car seats and satellite navigation, selected at the time of booking) to be made in advance (in order to advance check the relevant Member in for pick up). Members may be able to purchase optional extras at pick up, but would need to make payment direct to the Rental Company.
- We collect payment for Rentals (including any applicable VAT or similar sales taxes) as agent for the relevant Rental Company. Payments will be collected in the currency selected during the booking process. Members should note that fees may be charged by their bank or card issuer on transactions made in a currency other than the normal currency for that card.
- If required, the security deposit for the rental will be withdrawn by Move Mee from the credit card provided up to 48 hours prior to collecting the vehicle.
- Credit cards under the main drivers name only are accepted for the deposit.
- The deposit will be withdrawn in the Rental Company’s main currency and not in the Members preferred currency. The amount and currency will be confirmed on the booking voucher.
- Deposit’s are refunded within 72 hours of returning the vehicle once it has been confirmed there are no discrepancies to the vehicles condition.
- Move Mee reserve the right to charge the card on file in the instance of any penalty notices that may be received after the deposit has been refunded.
- Members should note that fees may be charged by their bank or card issuer on transactions made in a currency other than the normal currency for that card.
- Cancellation of your reservation must be made by email, telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
- For Members who have booked the Move Mee Basic Package – no refund will be due.
- For Members who have booked the Move Mee Premium Package, they are entitled to Free Cancellation up until 48 hours of their reservation start time. If they wish to cancel less than 48 hours from the start of their reservations, the following policy will apply; Cancellation notification sent 2 days before the start date: 25% of the prepaid amount will be refunded.
Cancellation notification sent 0-1 days before the start date: no refund due.
The notice period is based on a day being a 24 hour period, up to the start time, not a calendar day.
- Anyone may apply to be a Member of Move Mee subject to them providing the Identification Information and meeting the Verification Requirements.
- Each Member warrants that the Identification Information provided by him or her is complete and accurate at the time of submission. Without prejudice to the previous sentence, each Member is responsible for keeping his or her Identification Information complete and up to date and for notifying us if their driving licence expires, is withdrawn or subject to any endorsements, in each case through the Website or the Move Mee App.
- All Members must cooperate with and assist us in good faith (including responding promptly to communications), and provide us with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by us in connection with any complaints, claims, charges or notices relating to bookings, or with respect to any investigation undertaken by us or our representatives, its insurers or the police, regarding any insurance claims, use or abuse of Move Mee or any other investigations.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to and use of Move Mee if that Member fails to comply with these Terms. We may also suspend or terminate the use of the Move Mee App to access and/or use a specific Rental Vehicle if the relevant Rental Company requires us to.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
- Use of the Move Mee App to access and use a Rental Vehicle is personal to the Member. Members must not permit any other person to use the Move Mee App using their login credentialsother than an Additional Driver in relation to the Confirmed Booking for which that person is the named additional driver. Each Member shall be responsible for any use of the Move Mee App using their login credentials, unless their smartphone (on which the Move Mee App is installed) has been lost or stolen and the Member has reported that to Move Mee.
- Members are required to have a functioning smartphone with mobile internet access (in the relevant country or countries) and Bluetooth connectivity to access the relevant Rental Vehicle. It is your responsibility to ensure that your phone is sufficiently charged at all times to enable access to the Rental Vehicle for the entire duration of the Rental.
- In the event that your phone is lost or stolen during the course of the Rental you should immediately inform us by calling [+44 (0)2039711322] or emailing [email protected]. You will be liable for any reasonable costs incurred by Move Mee in retrieving the Rental Vehicle in such circumstances.
- Members are reminded that:
- under the terms of the contract between a Member and a Rental Company (relating to a Confirmed Booking) the Member must inspect the Rental Vehicle before the start of the rental period and at the end of the relevant rental period and is required to identify and record defects not already recorded on the Condition Report via the Move Mee App;
- under the terms of the contract between a Member and a Rental Company (relating to a Confirmed Booking), the Rental Company may charge the Member for (a) damage or defects caused by the Member (or the Additional Driver) or otherwise occurring between the recorded pick up and drop off times for that Rental and (b) any late return fees if the Member fails to return the Rental Vehicle to the applicable drop off location by the end of the Rental; and
- in certain locations it is a driver's responsibility under local law to ensure that the Rental Vehicle is roadworthy.
- We will share certain personal information of a Member (and any Additional Driver for that Rental) with a Rental Vehicle for the purposes of that Member making a booking with a Rental Company. The specific information that we share may vary from Rental Company to Rental Company, but will include details of the Member's name, [address] and confirmation of a valid driving licence.
- We may also use such a Member's personal information to search the files of credit reference agencies, who will record this search. This information will be used only to help make credit reference decisions or, occasionally, for fraud prevention or tracing debtors. We may also share a Member’s personal information with the providers of commercially available databases to assist in the validation of the information provided by the Member during his or her membership.
- We will share a Member's personal information with the police in response to reasonable requests (as determined by us in our sole discretion) or if compelled by a court or other competent authority.
- Each Member explicitly consents to having his or her personal details, including details of any relevant criminal offences or alleged criminal offences, transferred to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors, insurance underwriters, and the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), in the event that such Member breaches any of the conditions of this agreement.
- Subject to the following, a Member may cancel or terminate his or her membership by giving notice in writing to us at any time. Such notice may be sent by email to [email protected] or by post to Aspen Farm, Sheep Lane, Woburn, Beds, MK17 9HD and shall be effective only when received by us. Cancellation or termination will not affect any Confirmed Booking the Member has entered into at the time, save that the Member will not be able to use the Move Mee App to access the relevant Rental Vehicle if he/she is not a valid Member for the whole of the relevant rental period.
- We may terminate a Member's subscription at any time by giving not less than 7 days' notice.
- Without prejudice to clause 7.2 we may suspend a Member's use of the Move Mee App if:
- the Member materially or persistently fails to comply with these Terms;
- if payment in respect of any Rental fails, is not made or is subject to a charge back or other reversal;
- the Member's mobile phone (on which the Move Mee App is installed) is reported to us as being lost or stolen; and/or
- required to by a RentalCo,
provided that in all such cases we will promptly notify you of such suspension.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- These Terms set out the commitments and any warranties we give in respect of Move Mee and the Move Mee App. W do not make or give any warranty, representation, condition or other term as to functionality, performance or availability of the Move Mee App (whether arising by statute, contract or otherwise) other than those set out in these Terms and, to the fullest extent permissible under law, we exclude any such warranties, representations, conditions or other terms. This shall not affect a Member's statutory rights if that Member is a consumer.
- This clause sets out our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents and subcontractors) to each Member for:
- any breach of these Terms; and
- any representation, statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with these Terms.
- We shall not under any circumstances be liable to a Member for any:
- losses that are not foreseeable to both us and the relevant Member;
- any losses that were not caused by any breach of these Terms by us;
- where the Member is using Move Mee (and the Move Mee App) on behalf of or in the course of a business, loss of profit, goodwill or business or special, indirect or consequential loss.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Subject to Clauses 8.1 and 8.4, our total liability to you for any breach of these Terms shall not exceed £500.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and we and each Member agrees to submit any dispute in relation to these Terms (whether contractual or non-contractual) to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any notice or other communication given to us in connection with these Terms should be sent by email to [email protected] or by post to Move Mee, Aspen Farm, Woburn, Beds, MK17 9HD, UK
- The invalidity, unenforceability or illegality of any provision (or part of a provision) of this agreement shall not affect the validity, enforceability or legality of the other provisions. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
- Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy or any other right or remedy, and no partial or single exercise of a right or remedy under this agreement will prevent any further exercise of that right or remedy or any other right or remedy.
- These Terms are for the benefit of us and the Members and no third party shall have the right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.